Retention is the next component in pranayama. It is not the same as holding your breath as you might do underwater or when you have the hiccups. In pranayama one retains the breath between inhalation and exhalation. This helps to lengthen the breathing cycle and extend the inhalation slightly. Retention creates greater respiratory capacity and concentration.
Retention Yoga Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Unraveling the Graceful Balance: Exploring the Revolved Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Benefits of the Goddess Pose