The first chakra is Muladhara. It translates as “root” and is symbolized as a deep red lotus flower with four petals. It is located at the base of the coccyx in the lower spine near the three lower vertebrae. This is our center of physical vitality and energy, and this chakra regulates our sense of smell. The endocrine glands associated with it are the gonads, the testes in the male and the ovaries in the female. Maladhara’s element is earth, and it is concerned with our roots and source of security. This is called the foundation chakra and contains the primal energy or the kundalini.
The First Chakra Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Unlocking the Benefits of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana: A Guide to Half Bound Lotus Forward Bend
- Mastering Uttanasana: Dive Deep into the Forward Fold