The Plow, Halasana
1. Begin lying on your back (make sure you have a padded mat), with your arms at your sides, palms facing downwards.
2. Inhale, and use your abdominal muscles to lift your feet off the floor and raise your legs vertically.
3. Next lift your hips off the floor, and support your hips and back with your hands.
4. Tip your legs back over your head until your toes touch the floor. Hold the pose for a few seconds while breathing, then return your legs back through the original motions and back onto the floor.
This pose strengthens and stretches the muscles of the neck, back, shoulders, abdominals, legs and arms. It promotes suppleness and calmness, and reduces stress and fatigue, strengthens the immune system and stimulates the thyroid gland. This pose can be particularly therapeutic for symptoms of the menopause.
The Plow, Halasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Unraveling the Graceful Balance: Exploring the Revolved Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Benefits of the Goddess Pose