Warrior I Yoga Pose
This Yoga Pose awakens the inner warrior, arousing strength and courage to face the day and others with compassion. It strengthens the back of the body and legs while opening the chest, heart, and lungs for increased energy and stamina. It also cultivates deep focus.
QUALITY Grounding EFFECT Balance, energy, strength PROPS None GAZE Forward and up
1 Begin in Downward-Facing Dog Pose. Reach your right leg up to the sky and exhale, placing it between your hands into a Low Lunge Pose. Release your left heel into the ground by turning it in slightly so your whole foot is on the ground.
2 Inhale your arms and torso forward and up, vertical to the ground.
3 Keep drawing your right hip back and left hip forward as you reach your left leg back. Root down the outer edge of your left foot by lifting your arch.
4 Sink down through your hips as you reach up with your spine, arms, and gaze. If you can, j oin your palms together while drawing your shoulders down and away from your ears, and soften the front ribs to lengthen the lower back.
5 Stay for 3 to 5 breaths and return to Downward-Facing Dog to repeat on the left side.
Warrior I Yoga Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Unlocking the Benefits of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana: A Guide to Half Bound Lotus Forward Bend
- Mastering Uttanasana: Dive Deep into the Forward Fold